We are open!
We are excited to announce that we reopened our clinic on June 8, 2020.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your oral health and your overall safety.
Our office maintains the highest standards of infection control and sterilization in accordance with all Ontario and Canadian dental standards.
All instruments are sterilized in an autoclave, killing 100% of all bacteria and viruses. We use disposable barriers in all treatment rooms as well as personal protective equipment. All treatment rooms, equipment and work surfaces are wiped down with hospital grade disinfectant after each patient which kills not only coronavirus but hepatitis, HIV, and tuberculosis as well. We wipe down our waiting room, chairs, tables and door knobs several times a day.
In addition to these standard measures, our clinic’s facilities and procedures have been updated to meet special COVID-19 infection control recommendations made by the Canadian Dental Association (CDA), the Royal College of Dental Surgeons and the Ministry of Health.
At your next appointment you will notice these changes, such as:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. A form may need to be signed before you enter the office affirming your health status.
- We ask you to come to the office with a mask. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Your temperature will be taken prior to entering the treatment area.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, or water as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- In the interest of physical distancing, we are advising all adult patients to attend the office alone if possible.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but will also reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You may be surprised that we’re wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
- Once seated, all of our patients will be asked to rinse with an approved rinse to reduce the concentration of bacteria and virus residing in the mouth.
- Once the procedures begin, the same care, gentleness and dedication to perfection that you have come to expect from our office will be there for you.
- Screening for COVID symptoms is performed daily for all of our staff.
- New air purifiers with 5-stage filtration including a 99.97% HEPA filter, gas phase filtration, germicidal ultraviolet lights and a photocatalytic oxidization chamber have been installed in each room to improve air quality. These purifiers do not produce ozone.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
At Bathurst Centre Dental Care, we care deeply about our dental team, our patients and our community. We are committed to doing our part to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic by closely following the recommendations of the Health Canada, the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Ontario Dental Association.
Precautions in our building
At the Smart Centres facility in which our office is located, cleaning staff have enacted their pandemic protocols ensuring that all high-traffic areas such as public washrooms, doors and knobs/handrails are sanitized frequently throughout the day. Proper handwashing signage is located throughout the building.
If you are feeling ill
In order to protect our patients, employees and the general public, we are asking any patients who are showing signs and symptoms of respiratory illness, fever, those that have recently traveled, and those who have been in contact with a person with the coronavirus to reschedule their appointments. If you are uncertain as to whether you should keep your appointment, please call our office at 905-707-8008 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office will be waiving all last minute cancellation fees at this time.
We appreciate your patience during this time as we all work together to protect the health of our community.
To assist the doctors, nurses and caregivers on the front lines of the COVID-19 battle, Bathurst Centre Dental Care donated over 500 masks and 2400 gloves to St. Michael’s Hospital.